Sunday, September 26, 2010

A Boy Only Turns ONE Once- Remi's First Birthday Party

Lauri asked me to take pictures of Remi's first birthday party and I was way excited. I have known Lauri for many years and watched her grow from sweet little girl into amazing, Mom, wife, and business-woman. She is the proud owner of her new own online design business with her husband Micah (who also happens to be way cool). If you ever need cards, of any kind, for any occasion, she has the BEST designs ever. She is creative in a funky, modern, whimsical, way, that you can't find anywhere else. Check her out at Little Pink Designs , you won't be disappointed and everyone will want to know where you got such awesome cards.
Anyway, back to the party. I know Lauri and Micah have been planning for a long time, and along with a little help from family, worked  hard to have their adorable Santa Rita bungalow ready to celebrate Remi's big day. The plans for an outside party had to be altered due to a much-needed afternoon shower, but a little rain didn't dampen the tone of the party. The day was all about celebrating the blessing of sweet baby Remi and his special milestone. As you can see by the pics I am sharing, Lauri went all-out with her creativity and her and Micah's love for Remi was so evident through all of the little details, from the slide show and pictures of his first year, to the cake and party-favors, to the jar with his favorite snack. I think my most favorite memory of the day was the special way they chose to tell family and friends the good news of a new arrival next spring. I tried to capture the day in pictures and I hope I accomplished that. I have never been surrounded by so much love. I felt blessed to be a part of the joy and memories. Lauri and Micah thanks for including me, I know this post is long, but I could not narrow down the ones I wanted to share. ENJOY!!!!

     






 This was their cousin's reaction to finding out Remi will have a sibling in the spring.
 This was the coolest "expecting-a-new-baby" announcement ever.




 Gotta love the facial expression of this sweet little angel!!


 "Cake- For me?"
 What can be better than birthday cake? Birthday cake AND Oreos!!!!



 So happy to share a cookie with Grandma.

 One of Lauri's designs hanging in her kitchen. She is so talented.




1 comment:

Lauri Anne said...

Love them!! Can't wait to see them all!

Post a Comment

 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop